The Student News Site of Masconomet Regional High School

The Masco Messenger

The Masco Messenger

The Masco Messenger

WBMT, STUDENT COUNCIL TO HOST BATTLE OF THE BANDS

A competition for the ages

The radio station is planning a Battle of the Bands in the auditorium on March 29, and it will showcase talent and connect students who love music. 

The Battle plans to feature 12 different student bands.

“The Battle of the Bands is about bringing together a community of people who are passionate about music and making music. It’s an opportunity for anyone who doesn’t know how to get into performing to do so and see what it’s like to perform live,” said junior and station manager Maya Schildkraut.

Competitions like this can be confusing for some people, so it’s convenient for many people that they made it very easy for potential participants to sign up by either DMing the radio’s Instagram @masco.wbmt, or by emailing WBMT advisor Matthew Chadwick or Student Council advisor Jake Ahern.

The event is intended to bring together a multitude of people who enjoy music and love to perform. 

“The goal of the event is to promote some of the awesome local musicians in this area who are up and coming in the high school community,” said Chadwick. “It is also to provide a fun space for students to enjoy themselves and see some really good music.”   

Bands will be the main priority when it comes to registration. Solo performers are allowed, but will be secondary. If a person wants to be guaranteed a spot, they must have at least one other person. Anyone can perform, even if they are from outside the Tri-Town. The only requirement is that they are in high school.

“We are looking for any and all to participate. Whether it’s an individual performance or a group performance we are excited to showcase the musical talent within our region,” said student council president Revati Nargund.

While expectations for the performances are high, the recruiting process is still ongoing.  Bands are in high demand.

“We’re looking to get only five or six acts,” said Chadwick. “If we get more, that’d be great. However, the performers will be judged based on different categories, such as stage presence, technical ability, and songwriting.”

The radio heads at the station are working on coming up with a prize that is fun and exciting. At the moment, the prize is bragging rights, but that will change soon.

“Details will be posted on our Instagram, @masco.wbmt, as we figure them out,” said Schildkraut.

The planned date for the competition is Friday, March 29 at 7 pm.

Donate to The Masco Messenger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Masconomet Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to The Masco Messenger