The Student News Site of Masconomet Regional High School

The Masco Messenger

The Masco Messenger

The Masco Messenger

MAMMA MIA PREMIERES WITH THREE SHOWS

The Masco Theater Company premiered its final play of the year. The musical Mamma Mia closed off the year with its energetic performances and entertaining songs. 

Mamma Mia is about a mother and a daughter. The daughter is getting married and finds out that three possible men could be her father, so she invites all three to see which one she wants to walk her down the aisle.

“Our hope for this show is to have the best outcome possible,” said dance captain Campbell Robinson. “We want everyone to feel happy and sentimental about some of the family love we see in this show. We want everyone to enjoy the live music and dancing and to fall in love with this story as much as we did.”

There is an added pressure when performing in the final show. For the seniors, this is their last show at Masco. Even still, everyone has a job to do.

“I’m in charge of the rehearsal schedule,” said Director Brian Pereira, “so I made sure that it made sense with everyone.”

With a show as fun as this, there’s a lot to look forward to. Everybody has something to enjoy, whether it’s the songs, the lighting, or the acting. 

“I’m looking forward to dancing with my friends,” said Robinson. “I get to dance a ton in this show which is super super exciting since it is my strong suit. I am also excited to perform in front of an audience and to hear everyone’s reactions.”

With a lot weighing on the shoulders of the performers all year, they wanted to ensure they ended the year with something uplifting and heartfelt.

“Most of our season, between Miracle Worker and the competition piece, was very dark,” said Pereira, “so I wanted to end on something super light, and Mamma Mia is great because it has a lot of opportunities for a lot of different people. I wanted to make sure that I was able to showcase as many people as we could in this last show.”

To buy tickets, scan the QR code in the flyer or come to the auditorium at 7 tonight or at 2 pm or 7 pm tomorrow. 

Donate to The Masco Messenger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Masconomet Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to The Masco Messenger