The Student News Site of Masconomet Regional High School

The Masco Messenger

The Masco Messenger

The Masco Messenger

MAMMA MIA ELECTRIFIES AUDIENCE

The Masco Theater Company premiered their performance of the wildly popular musical Mamma Mia to outstanding success. With over 500 people showing up on the first night and a similar crowd on the second, they definitely ended the school year on a high note.

“What surprised me was the fact that the audiences were so captivated by the story,” said theater director Brian Pereira, “and by the end, they were all dancing with us during the bows, which was super fun.”

The show got standing ovations and many kids were even asking for the actors’ autographs, which just shows the scale of everybody’s enjoyment.

“Mamma Mia was a big step for me and I’m proud of what I have accomplished, but I definitely can’t wait to grow even more next year,” said junior Hailey Aitchison. 

The program has no time to waste, however. While enjoying the success of this show they must plan for next year’s. The fall show is set to be The Addams Family.

Every performance has its hiccups, but mistakes are chances to improve upon what wasn’t working. Next year gives more chances to unlock potential.

“We would like to improve our technical elements in the theater, including our sound system and stage,” said junior Abigail Ellis. “I am looking forward to seeing all of the amazing talent the school has, not only with the rising freshman but others who may have been reluctant to join theater in the past but decided to now.”

Aitchison is also anticipating big things for next year.

“I am so excited for senior year and to continue with theatre,” she said. “I love this program and the people in it. It means so much to me and I can’t imagine my high school experience without it.”

Auditions are open for the fall musical, The Addams Family, and the audition forms are due by June 10. 

Donate to The Masco Messenger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Masconomet Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to The Masco Messenger