The Student News Site of Masconomet Regional High School

The Masco Messenger

The Masco Messenger

The Masco Messenger

THE FORCE OF STAR WARS JEDI: SURVIVOR’S IMPACT CAN STILL BE FELT

Almost a year later the game still holds up.
Photo from Electronic Arts Inc.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is one of the best games to come out this year and masters everything it tries to do while still being a great sequel. Having spent roughly 177 hours on this game, I feel I am qualified to speak on this topic. The game is listed as a survival game but I would call it an action/adventure game.

With the game having been released around the time of my birthday, it was a no-brainer present for my parents. Of course, I had begged for months to get Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, even getting a next-gen console for Christmas just to be able to play that game.

With lots of exploring and enemy types to find, it is hard to get tired of the game. I never felt like I was done until I reached 100% completion of the game, exploration, and collectibles, but even then you can test your skill by replaying the game on a harder difficulty. Granted, some collectibles can be very tricky to find. And after I reached 100% completion, I felt satisfied and that my journey with this game was mostly over for now.

Obviously, I must talk about the combat. It is a step up from the first Star Wars Jedi game in every way. Jedi: Fallen Order’s combat was fun, but lacked much variety. There were only two stances and everybody wanted more. The developers answered and made something for everyone. Want a highly offensive and quick system that punishes a poor defense? Try the Dual Wield stance. Want a powerful stance that trades strength for speed? Try the Crossguard stance. Want a ranged attack with a lightsaber used like a fencing sword? Try the Blaster stance. Every stance has its advantages and disadvantages.

Of course, the story is amazing. Twists and turns, betrayal and tragedy. This adventure will thrill you like no other Star Wars story.

However, while most players loved the game, there were some negative outlooks on the game due to its performance issues, mainly on PCs. According to EA Entertainment, the game developers, it was not performing up to standard for many of their PC players, specifically those with high-end machines.

I, however, did not have these problems to the degree they described. While there were a few issues, they weren’t nearly as bad as people were saying, but that may be because I was playing on an Xbox rather than a high-end PC.

Whether you are a die-hard Star Wars fan or just a gamer who wants a fun action game to play, there’s something for everyone in this masterpiece.

Theo MacQuarrie
[email protected]
Donate to The Masco Messenger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Masconomet Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to The Masco Messenger