The Student News Site of Masconomet Regional High School

The Masco Messenger

The Masco Messenger

The Masco Messenger

BOYS’ LAX POUNCES ON PANTHERS

After Masco boys lacrosse had an offensive shootout against Danvers, it was the Masconomet defense and goalies that got the job done against the Beverly Panthers winning their second game of the season and in a row, 4 to 3. 

Senior Owen McNally stays hot reaching 11 total points in three games as he recorded a goal and two assists for the Chieftains to go along with one goal each from sophomore Colten Russo, Masco’s second-leading point scorer with 10, junior Anthony Giacchino, and junior John Miga. All four of these players have scored in consecutive games for the Chieftains and prove to be bright spots on this Chieftain offense. 

The defense played a fantastic game led by senior defensive pole captain Robby Engel. senior Madden Bernier and juniors Cash Kornusky and Mike McNamee also had stellar defensive performances. The player of the game for Masco was senior goalie Tyller Goncalves, as he saved 9 of 12 shots on goal and held a good Panthers offense to only three goals. 

This was a big win for the Chieftains, making them 2-0 in the Northeast Conference (NEC) and 2-1 overall. They will face off against the Peabody Tanners this upcoming Saturday in what should be a fantastic game. 

Donate to The Masco Messenger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Masconomet Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to The Masco Messenger