The Student News Site of Masconomet Regional High School

The Masco Messenger

The Masco Messenger

The Masco Messenger

SCO LAX STAYS ALIVE

Finn Tragethon
Senior Captain Robbie Engel Firing A Shot On The Peabody Goalie

With the season on the line for the Masconomet boys’ lacrosse team, the Chieftains came to play, not only winning but destroying a really solid team in the Beverly Panthers. The Chieftains’ offense was absolutely electric, putting up 15 goals in this win-or-go-home game. Not only did the offense thrive, the defense played phenomenal, only allowing three goals. The story of the game was a dominant showing from the Miga brothers. Junior offensive midfielder John Miga had a season-high four goals and two assists. His younger brother, freshman attackman Ben Miga, nipped three goals of his own, helping Masco live to see another day. 

NEC [Northeast Conference] all-star senior Owen McNally has been fantastic for the Chieftains all season and that continued against the Panthers as he had two goals and four assists setting up teammates beautifully. 

The Chieftains also got good days from sophomores Miles Mirault and Colten Russo as well as freshman Colin Driscoll, each putting in two goals and never letting their foot off the gas on that poor Panthers goalie. 

Getting this win now keeps the Chieftains alive and red hot as they head to be an underdog against a good Duxbury squad. 

Donate to The Masco Messenger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Masconomet Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to The Masco Messenger